Saturday, December 20, 2008

A proposal

How about if we try one more time.

What I'm thinking is trying something new that others have recognized as worth reading.

Specifically, I'm thinking about one of the award winners:

National Book Awards:
Shadow Country by Peter Matthiessen (Fiction)
The Hemingses of Monticello by Annette Gordon-Reed (Nonfiction)
(I don't usually read nonfiction but am willing to try this.)

Man Booker Award
White Tiger by Aravind Adiga

I am making this suggestion somewhat hesitantly because I'm the one who picked up The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. Pam would probably say a particular book 'didn't hold her attention.' In the case of Oscar Wao I'll just say it outright: I hated it. BTW it didn't hold my attention either.

Let me know what you think.

Ed

No comments: