Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Anyone out there?

I'm going to read At Risk by Stella Rimington and hope maybe someone else wants to join me. I heard Bob Edwards interviewing Rimington and it got me interested in her. I don't normally read mysteries but I want to change that. A few friends are avid mystery readers and they always seem so eager to read everything written by a particular writer. Sounds like a healthy addiction. Years ago I got hooked on the "Rabbi" mysteries -- you know the series -- "The Rabbi Ate Too Many Bananas on Thursday" or whatever -- and I read them all in one big rush. I've also read a few P.D. James novels, but nothing in the past 15 years. Stella Rimington was the first woman head of M15, the UK's counter-intelligence and security agency, so she has impressive credentials to write such a book. I don't have the book yet but will order one tomorrow (if I can't find a copy at the library) so I may start reading as early as next week.

If anyone wants to start any of the other books nominated for No. 3, just let me know and I'm in. (Wish I could say that applies to Atlas Shrugged but I just can't. It's too long and I'm too slow.)

Hope someone reads this. I'll probably report on the book even if I'm talking to myself.

Love to all, Pam

2 comments:

Pam J. said...

Hi Paula!
Glad to see the blog still lives.

About getting together with Ed and Hagit: I think we'll be able to make it. Any chance for a Sunday afternoon? Or a Saturday night? Venue is Ed's call, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm half-way through the Rimington book and it's just what I wanted: light but readable, plot not so complicated that I had to make a list of the characters. No, it didn't get any nominations as far as I know. I just enjoyed the author being interviewed and decided to give it a try.

Pam

Pam J. said...

Ooops. I meant to put the comment above on Paula's post for Aug 19, not here. It now appears in both places.
Pam