Sunday, August 24, 2008

Finished the Rimington book. What's everyone else reading?


Let me know if you read "At Risk" Paula. I finished it today and will probably forget everything about it in a few weeks, certainly a few months. But it was just what I wanted for August. Some of the amazon.com reader comments were interesting, especially those that pointed out the book's surprising factual errors.

In the meantime, and trying to ignore how pathetic this sounds, does anyone want to start reading a novel in the next week? I'm up for anything under 400 pages.

I'm half-way through my first graphic novel: "The Quitter" by Harvey Pekar. Interesting. Not sure I'll read more of these but I'm glad I'm reading this one.

And I also started reading "The Great Derangement" by Matt Taibbi, which I'm loving. Mostly because the author makes me laugh.

Doug and I ran into Larry and Camy last night just as we were going into the Greenbelt theater to see "Vicky Cristina Barcelona." (We actually talked only to Larry b/c by the time Camy appeared we were being whisked into the theater.) They had just seen the movie and liked it, as did we. Amazing that we're still getting good Woody Allen movies after all these years.

Pam

No comments: