Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I have been totally out of this link and I'm sorry I missed it. It's been insane around here; I've barely been at home. Since the blog seemed to have been abandoned, I thought that when we started posting again, someone would send an email first. Glad I checked back. Sorry my post will be old news but here goes. First, Pam, thank you for telling us about the Rabb article. Remember I was so confused about the young adult classification of TBT? That article and response to it was very helpful. Glad to know that even the authors are nonplussed ;-)

I never heard of The Risk -- was it nominated? Sounds like a good book and I love mysteries -- I'll get it, maybe today, and start reading. I'll get back to you when I get into it.

I read Barbara Walters Audition and enjoyed it. What an amazing life she had, not always happy. And what wonderful insights she gave about just about every "important" person in the world.

So, are we all going to get together when Ed and Hagit are here?
Paula

3 comments:

Pam J. said...

Hi Paula!
Glad to see the blog still lives.

About getting together with Ed and Hagit: I think we'll be able to make it. Any chance for a Sunday afternoon? Or a Saturday night? Venue is Ed's call, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm half-way through the Rimington book and it's just what I wanted: light but readable, plot not so complicated that I had to make a list of the characters. No, it didn't get any nominations as far as I know. I just enjoyed the author being interviewed and decided to give it a try.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Great picture of you! Where are you?
Paula

Pam J. said...

That picture was taken in New York City last March at an art show near Lincoln Center. The Buddhas were one of the pieces of art for sale.