Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday night

Larry said/asks:
"Can we read along and post comments as we have them?"

Ed said:
"No reason we all have to read at the same rate. As long as we're not reading a mystery it shouldn't really matter if we're not all reading at the same pace."

Pam says: OK with me.

Larry said/asks: "I don't think a 20-page-a week commitment is burdensome. I think we are all voracious readers and 20 pages would not cause a sweat."

Ed said:
"As for the weekly budget, I'm willing to try 50-100 pp."

Pam says: I like 50 pages a week. In the case of Little, Big we could start with the first 3 chapters, which in my edition ends on page 58.

Paula/Camy/Natalie: Do you want to weigh in on any of this?

Natalie: Have you been able to get into the system yet? If not, feel free to call me (301 622 6511) and we can try to puzzle it out on the phone. Since we haven't heard from Larry yet should we assume he wants to skip this round?

Pam

2 comments:

one of us said...

Ed says:

Let's just start reading NOW and when we're ready to comment, we comment. Presumably this week.

Fifty pp/week should be fine going forward. But if someone wants to keep going, feel free.

Should we use Mondays as a benchmark just because it's today? Or would Sunday be more logical? I ask mostly because my weekend is different from everyone else's: mine is Friday and Saturday.

It would be nice if we have some comments by the end of the week. I think that's the only way we'll know if this blog is functioning as a book club.

Ed

one of us said...

Sounds good to me.
Pam