Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Time to vote

Hi Group:

Forgive my abruptness but I think the time has come to make a decision.

I am voting in this format because I want to vote for two books: Little, Big (which I have) and Fortress of Solitude (which I can get). Actually I would also like to vote for Song Yet Sung -- for next time. It doesn't seem to be available here yet. Did anyone check out The Book Thief? Pls do. I think it would be a decent choice as well.

BTW, there's a novel by Gilad Elbom, an Israeli living in the US (Fargo, ND), that is being translated into Hebrew. Yes, that's what I meant. He wrote it in English. It's on Amazon: Scream Queens of the Dead Sea. Doubt that this book is appropriate for our august group but it's interesting that an Israeli is writing in English -- and then has his work translated into Hebrew.

But I digress. Time to vote!


Ed

PS: Is anyone else having difficulty reading the blog in living color?

4 comments:

one of us said...

I agree with Ed. It seems like there are only going to be 4 or 5 of us participating. Let's keep to the deadline for picking a book. Let's also use that date to hear from other people besides the usual suspects. It's OK to let us know if you don't want to participate. I would like to start.

lrf

one of us said...

I already voted, and I'm (sort of) reading Little, Big, which isn't the book I voted for. I also just ordered a copy of the Omnivore's Dilemma in case anyone wants to talk about it in the future. And I just finished reading The Witches by Roald Dahl. Becca told me that when she read it as a kid it scared her so I had to see what it was all about. I'm not sure Doug will be reading with us, so that might mean we're down to 5 participants.

Pam

PS: Glad someone, ie Ed, noted that the blog was beginning to fade away, literally. I was slowly making it disappear in a passive-aggressive effort to see if anyone was reading it.

one of us said...

I actually noticed the lack of color several days before I mentioned it. I always figure these are cyber-glitches unless they last for more than 48 hours.

I still don't see all the colors. Specifically the blog title appears "Reading" and there is no artwork in the upper right corner.

Ed

one of us said...

I just found the article about Gilad Elbom:
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/962050.html

I don't know what is more strange: the fact that an Israeli is writing in English or that he lives in Fargo, ND. Go figure.

Ed.